Monday, November 20, 2006

Simon and Garfunkel

I'll admit it, I prefer Garfunkel to Simon (I have way more Garfunkel solo albums than I do Simon solos), but mostly I love to hear Artie sing Paul Simon's songs. Harry Nilsson once did a record called "Nilsson Sings Newman"...an album of nothing but Randy Newman songs. My fervent wish is for an album called "Garfunkel Sings Simon", where Artie covers some of Paul's post-S&G tunes. Before you scoff, remember the beautiful job Art did sing "American Tune". That song was perfect for him.

Clip number one appears to be from 1968 or 1969. Paul plays the guitar while Art sings "For Emily Wherever I May Find Her". I waited to post anything by S&G until a pre-1971 clip of "For Emily" appeared...and it is here!

Clip two is a nice live performance of "Overs".

Clip three is a video for the 1975 reunion single "My Little Town". They look so uncomfortable together that it makes my cringe!

One more...Artie appears on a Paul Simon TV special and they sing "Old Friends". A lovely performance. They actually look they like each other!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com