Monday, October 02, 2006

The Rolling Stones

I have to admit I have a real love/hate relationship with the Stones. I love most of what they did through "Black and Blue" in 1976, and hate (well...more tolerate) everything since. Yes, they have done a few great things since 1976...but precious little that can touch their golden years.

When The Beatles split, they were all under 30. They are forever young. The Stones kept plugging away and are diminished because of it. Does that mean that I think that just because all of the original Stones (except Brian Jones of course) are over 60 that they can no longer rock if they want to? No...I guess what puts me off the most is a 60ish Mick prancing around like it's still 1969.

Well...here are two clips from their prime....the first is the 'make up' version of the "Jumping Jack Flash" promo.

The second is the promo for "We Love You"...which featured backing vocals from John Lennon (probably) and Paul McCartney (for sure). When you see Brian Jones, you'll wonder how he lived until 1969....

For good measure, I have added a third video...this one proving you can age gracefully...Muddy Waters in 1978. He was about the age that The Glimmer Twins are now...if the Stones wanted to...they could do something like this...straight blues and rock it...instead, they shoot for a mass market that has passed them by (in my opinion).






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com