Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sex Pistols / Glen Matlock

I mentioned the Pistols in my post yesterday, so decided to try to find something to post. This is a live 1976 TV performace of "Anarchy in the UK". I purposely picked a clip that featured Glen Matlock on bass. Though Sid Vicious get the punk glory, and Matlock still seems to receive scorn, in my book without Matlock the Pistols would be all pose with no tunes. All that I read seems to indicate that Matlock was the main composer of their best known songs, while Johnny Rotten provided the lyrics.

The second clip is Matlock's post- Pistols band Rich Kids in a 1978 clip, playing the song "Rich Kids" by Glen Matlock. That's Midge Ure fronting the band.

Cheers to you Glen!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com