Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Peter and Gordon

This clip awful in almost every way. The picture is grainy, the sound is not stellar, but what it does have it this- a great song. "Wrong From the Start" is a a song that should have been a hit. P&G had six Top 20 songs (between charting hits in the US and UK), none as good as this one.

My Mom had a 45 from Capitol Records that had the Frito-Lay logo on the label. My guess was that it was some kind of promo. It had this song on one side, and The Lettermen's version of "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' " on the other. It must be kind of rare, because I posted that I had it (my Mom had given to me) on a P&G website, and I got an email from none other than Gordon Waller asking about it. I told him I would scan the label and send an image to him...like an idiot, I never did.

Great song...check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com