Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Beach Boys....again

When I started this 'decade a week' series, I said I would not repeat bands. I lied. I came across these two Beach Boys videos and couldn't wait to get them up.

Dennis Wilson was second only to Brian Wilson as a creative force. The first clip features a rare performance of Dennis' "Sunflower" track "Forever". It is a really beautiful song. "Sunflower" is one of my favorite Beach Boys albums. I think it really proved that the guys could put out a classic album with little involvement from Brian....not that Brian was totally absent.

The second clip is an early 1970's rendition of "Wild Honey", with Blondie Chaplin taking the lead vocal (sung by Carl Wilson on record).

The third clip is Adam Marsland's Chaos Band version of Dennis' solo song "River Song" (written by Dennis and Carl Wilson). It is a really great rendition, performed live. Adam has a husky pop voice that is really suited to Dennis's songs. The legendary Evie Sands is on guitar and vocals.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com